Friday, June 19, 2009

Tokyo City: Day Seven

Email To: Justin R., Rochester, New York
From: Akasaka, Tokyo 19 June 17:01:58

Hey Justin! Whats good in the old neighborhood? How's the job search coming along? Did you break 40 on the golf course yet?!

Meeting with Mari was awesome. She specifically pointed out this sushi place in Shibuya, where they have a conveyor belt of sushi going around the place. It is super cheap and extremely tasty! People in my class have called it "the best sushi in Tokyo", and I have been there once so far (probably going again later tonight) and so far I agree. It is amazing!

I wanted to say that I didn't get Nate's invite (if he has sent them already) before I left for Tokyo. But I do plan on going. I wanted to book my flight, however I need to know the dates again to be sure. Also, I wanted to RSVP if I need to do that (I am unsure re wedding invite protocol).

Tonight we are going to dinner where you order a set meal, and it is all you can drink while you eat! It sounds good, but all you can drink Kirin is awesome for about two sips of beer! Japanese beer is driving me CRAZY! I would just about kill for a Saranac or Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat (don't even get me started on the Haze!).

After dinner, we are going to a hip-hop club in Roppongi. Apparently, it is one of the biggest clubs in the city, and they have live Hip-Hop (could be sweet) downstairs, and 80's hip-hop (I am hoping for some Tribe) upstairs. As you know, I am not a big fan of the club scene, but I want to try everything there is while I am here...at least one night of clubbing won't kill me.

I received my internship assignment; I am working for TMI Associates in Roppongi Hills. Their office is on the 23rd floor of the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower (google it! It is quite impressive). That starts in a few weeks after classes end. I have tickets to see the Yoimuri Giants play the Yakult Swallows (they are the two best teams in the J-League) next Friday, and then my family will be getting into town. I will update you with more later on.

Until Later,

Mike

No comments: